CURRICULUM VITAE - Prof. Dušan Bakoš
Position: Managing Director ICARST n.o.
Affiliation, Address: Institute of Plastics and Rubber, Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, Slovak Technical University, Radlinskeho 9, Bratislava 81237, Slovakia
Education (degrees, universities, dates)
1969 MSc. Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, Slovak Technical University, Bratislava, Slovakia
1975 PhD. Polymer Institute, Slovak Academy of Science, Bratislava, Slovakia
1995 DSc. Slovak Technical University, Bratislava, Slovakia
1997 Full Professor Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, Slovak Technical University, Bratislava, Slovakia
2007 Dr.h.c. University of A. Dubcek, Trencin, Slovakia
Career, Employment (employers, positions, dates)
1975 - 1980 Slovak Academy of Science, Polymer Institute, Research Worker;
1980 - 1985 Slovak Technical University, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Lecturer
1985 - 1997 Assoc. Professor, Slovak University of Technology, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Bratislava
1997 - Full Professor, Slovak University of Technology, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Bratislava
2003 - 2011 Dean of the Faculty of chemical and food technology of the Slovak University of Technology
2011 - present Managing Director, ICARST n.o., Bratislava, Slovakia
1977 National Bureau of Standards, Washington D.C., USA
1978 National Bureau of Standards, Washington D.C., USA
1983 University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
1992 University Computense, Madrid, Spain
2010 - 2012 University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Main interest over the last few years has been the study of biopolymers and biomaterials in connection with tissue engineering (research and development of biomaterials, especially composites for hard tissue substitutes, and composite membranes based on natural polymers as a base for the engineering of bioartificial skin substitutes). These studies are often based on interdisciplinary cooperation with medical researchers.
Polymer processing, rheology of polymer blends, technical biodegradable polymers, mainly polyvinylalcohol and biodegradable blends with bio-based polymers. Our expertise includes study of the soluble properties of polymers, colloid chemistry, gel permeation chromatography (GPC), and characterization of polymers generally.
Honors, Awards, Fellowships, Membership of Professional Societies
Honorary member of Slovak Chemical Society, Slovakia
Dr.h.c at The University of A. Dubcek, Trencin, Slovakia
Medal of the Slovak Academy of Sciences for Support of Science, Slovakia
European Society for Biomaterials
European Burns Association
Publications (list of 10 selected recent publications)
1. Poruban D., Bakoš D., Danišovič L., Bohmer D., Blaško M., Vojtaššak J.: In vitro prepared autologous graft from bucal mucosa - clinical application, Case Rep. Clin. Pract. Rev. 6, 62-67 (2005).
2. Bialopiotrowicz T., Janczuk B., Fiedorowicz, Khachtryan G., Tomasik P., Bakoš D.: Hyaluronan-lecitin foils and their properties, Mater. Chem. Phys. 95, 99-104 (2006).
3. Kukolikova L, Bakos D, Alexy P, et al.: Optimization of the properties of chitosan lactate/hyaluronan film, J. Appl. Polymer Sci. 100 (2), 1413-1419 (2006).
4. Bubeníková, S., Lacík, I., Bakoš, D., Vodná, L.: Chitosan polyelectrolyte comlexes for use in tissue engineering and drug delivery, J. Mat. Sci. 539-543, 577-582 (2007).
5. Vodná, L., Bubeníková, S., Bakoš, D.: Chitosan based hydrogel microspheres as drug carriers, Macromol. Biosci. 7, 629-634 (2007).
6. Šimon P., Chaudhry Q., Bakoš D.: Migration of engineered nanoparticles from polymer packaging to food - a physicochemical view, J. Food Nutr. Res. 47(3), 105-113 (2008).
7. Palou, M., Bakoš, D., Kuzielová, E., Labuda, J.: Potential Application of Glass and Glass-Ceramics Based on Lithium Disilicate as Biomaterials, Key Engineering Materials, 361-363, 273-276 (2008).
8. Šimon, P., Zhong, W., Bakoš, D., Hynek, D.: Thermooxidative stability of polymethyl methacrylate containing nanoparticles of silica/titania and silica/zirconia, Chem. Pap. 62(2), 176-180 (2008).
9. Harvanová D., Rosocha J., Bakoš D., Švihla R., Vaško G., Horňák S., Ledecký V., Gromošová S., Cibur P., Raši R., Collagen/hyaluronan membrane as a scaffold for chondrocytes cultivation, Biologia 64(5), 1032-1038 (2009).
10. Vittekova M., Dragunova J., Kabat P., Bozikova M., Bakos D., Koller J.: Cytotoxicity testing of scaffolds potentially suitable for the preparation of three-dimensional skin substitutes, Cell Tissue Bank. 15(3), 345-55 (2014).